Every war has thousands of tales to tell.“No ‘lying,’ there I was” tales from the battlefield. “Did you see that shot?!” tales from the archery range. “Wow, I made the thing!” tales
Every war has thousands of tales to tell.“No ‘lying,’ there I was” tales from the battlefield.
“Did you see that shot?!” tales from the archery range.
“Wow, I made the thing!” tales from Arts & Sciences.
“You’ll never guess who I met on my shift!” tales from volunteer opportunities all over the War, and many, many more!
What story will you tell?
Site: Buena Vista Aquatic Recreational Area, 13601 Ironbark Road, Taft, CA 93268.
Here are just a few things to enjoy at GWW this year:
● Heavy Weapons (SCA hard suit/armored) – Both large battles and tournaments; opportunities for ombat archery, crossbows, and siege weapons
● Rapier Combat (SCA Fencing) – Fighting over several days, both story-driven melees and tournaments.
● Equestrian – Activities over several days, games and challenges, staged castle siege, and other activities.
● Thrown Weapons (target only) – Challenges and games.
● Archery – Both battle and target scenarios over several days (and some evenings).
● Hound Coursing (dog courses) – Over several days.
● Youth Combat Activities over several days: games and challenges.
● Arts and Sciences – Workshops and classes: both hands-on and lecture series learning opportunities, including a track of classes especially for children and young adults.
● Merchants – Many shopping opportunities, both hard goods, and food court.
● Volunteering – Amazing opportunities to get involved and help make the event happen.
● Scenery – Fantastic views, gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, wildlife enjoying the park lake.
Pre-register at http:/caid-gww.org/attending/pre-registration/ by August 31!
If you plan to pay at Gate, please note that Gate will only accept CASH (no checks or credit cards).
Adult registration: $65.00 (SCA members receive a $5.00 discount)
Youth (11-17) registration: $35.00
Children under 11 are free, (but must be registered)
The registration price is reduced by $5.00 if your arrival is Friday or Saturday.
1. From I-5. travel west on Taft Highway 119 (exit 244).
2. Go past the signs for “Buena Vista Recreational Area” — Those signs will take you to the park “front” entrance, and you will have to back track and continue west on Hwy 119 to Golf Course Rd.
3. Turn left (east) on Golf Course Rd (5.1 miles).
4. Turn left (east) on Ironbark Rd/Buena Vista Park.
5. Proceed to the gate for check-in. The GWW entrance will be located at the park’s “back” entrance, not the main entrance off Highway 43.
GWW is located approx. 25 miles southwest of Bakersfield
Event Website: http://caid-gww.org
Event Stewards: Duchess Faizeh al-Zarqa and THL Raphael ben Gideon
This event is sponsored by the Kingdom of Caid, which is part of the Society for Creative Anachronism. More information can be found on our website here:
8 (Tuesday) 12:00 pm - 14 (Monday) 12:00 pm
Buena Vista Aquatic Recreational Area
13601 Ironbark Rd